Charles and Patricia Lester Customer Services
Guidelines on How to use the site
Browsers – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc…
Cookies and Security
Cookies must be enabled to use this site. If you come to a page which tells you that your cookies are not enabled, then please follow the instructions. Any problems then please get in touch and we will endeavour to talk you through the process.We are fully committed to the security of our website and the protection of our customers.
This site has a registered secure certificate. If users of the site experience any problems with this certificate it is their responsibility to inform the website owners immediately.
Password Protected Directories
How to Place Your Order Online
Making a purchase is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Shop by browsing through our collections.
- Click on the image to access the items products page, where you will be given information on sizing and colour options (if available).
- Add item(s) to your shopping cart on the Add to Cart option.
- Review the items you have added to your shopping cart by clicking “My Cart”.
- To change the number of items, type in the amended quantity required next to the item concerned.
- To delete an item from your shopping cart, enter a zero in the quantity box and click on “Update Cart”.
- To continue shopping after viewing your shopping cart, click the “Continue Shopping” button.
- Click on “Proceed to checkout” to finalise your transaction and follow the instructions.
For further information, you can give us a call and we will be happy to guide you through the ordering process.
Stock Items vs Special Orders
How to place an order
There are several ways in which you can order items:
- Direct through the online shop, following the guidance notes above;
- By telephone;
- By email – followed by a telephone call to make payment by credit card;
- By post – enclosing a cheque made payable to Charles and Patricia Lester Limited;
- In person at the Studios in Abergavenny
Cancellation of Orders and Refunds
If you wish to cancel your order, please email us at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1873 853559. We will cancel your order provided it has not already been processed or despatched to you.Refunds are only issued by prior arrangement. If your order has already been despatched to you before you notify us that you wish to cancel the order, you must return the merchandise to us in accordance with our Returns & Exchanges Policy. Please note that we do offer a 100% money back guarantee on stock items returned to us within the specified time and in perfect condition.
We will refund you within 30 days, although generally we do endeavour to process refunds immediately.
We do not accept cancellations on any Special Order items or Bespoke pieces being made especially for you.
Availability of Goods
Charles and Patricia Lester Ltd accept the following forms of payment:
- Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro Debit Card, American Express, Mastercard;
- Cheques drawn from a UK bank account payable in pounds sterling GBP. (Made payable to Charles and Patricia Lester);
- Cash – delivered in person only.
The transaction will be charged to your credit/debit card when we have received verification and payment authorisation from your card issuer. If your credit/debit card issuer refuses authorisation of payment, we will not be obliged to deliver the items to you. You will receive an invoice and a credit/debit card receipt with your order that can be used for returns or exchange of items. All payment information is encrypted to assure privacy, using SagePay Payment Gateway.
If you select to pay via Paypal, the transfer of the purchase details from our site to Paypal, are encapsulated using their encrypted technology and digitally-signed protocol. For more information about Paypal please visit their website http://www.paypal.com
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CREDIT CARD DETAILS VIA EMAIL OR FAX AS THESE METHODS ARE NOT SECURE.
SagePay – our chosen payment gateway
Pricing on sale items and special offer discounts
Tax, Duties and Import Regulations Tax – UK
Duties and Import Regulations – Outside UK
Delivery in United Kingdom
Delivery Outside UK
Signed for Insurance
Limitation as to Damage
For UK Customers
For NON-UK Customers
- “Who do I contact to arrange return of goods?” If you have any queries about returning an item or items, then please contact the office using the contact details provided below.
- “When are refunds processed?” Refunds are only issued upon return of the items purchased which have been inspected.
- “Can credit notes be issued?” Credit notes can be issued should customers wish to exchange items instead of being issued with a refund.
- “Can items be exchanged?” Customers can opt to exchange an item. Please get in touch for more details. When should items be returned? Goods must be returned within 10 days of delivery.
- “What if items arrive damaged or the parcel has been damaged in transit?” If the goods are damaged, the Purchaser should contact Charles and Patricia Lester Ltd within 3 days of receipt of goods. Damaged goods must be returned to Charles and Patricia Lester, The Workhouse, Hatherleigh Place, Union Road, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire. NP7 7RL suitably packaged. Charles and Patricia Lester Ltd will replace or refund the items concerned. All original packaging must be returned as it forms a part of the evidence required for insurance purposes. If goods are considered to be of faulty manufacture, please contact us immediately with the problem so that we can ascertain the cause of the potential fault and whether it is due to the manufacturing process. The Company reserves the right to decide whether any perceived faults are due to manufacturing error.
- “What if Products do not look like their Photographs or Web Images” We have made all reasonable efforts to ensure each photograph accurately reflects the item being sold. On occasions, there may be minor differences between the item’s appearance in the photograph and the item delivered due to all fabrics being hand dyed individually. Colours may vary slightly from the photograph due to differences between computer screen displays and printers.
- “What if the items I want are unavailable or out of stock?” If an item is out of stock at the point of order, the customer will be advised as soon as possible and will have the option of awaiting stock availability or of selecting an alternative item.
- “Colour matching garments” Please be aware that all fabrics are hand painted for each individual garment or outfit. If items are to be matched, originals can be returned to allow us to match the item as close as we can. It is advisable to order complete outfits at the same time. We cannot guarantee that items bought to go with previous purchases will match or even compliment. If you have any doubts about items matching please get in touch.
- “About our Colour names” Items with the same colour name on the website might not necessarily be the exact same tone. This is due to the complicated processes involved in creating the individual garments.
- “Can I order colour swatches of the garments available?” Swatches can be purchased to ensure that colours ordered are exactly as required. We will always keep a sample of the same colour swatch on file to ensure that we replicate colours actually seen. However, it must be noted that in some instances there will still be slight variations due to the individual nature of our work. The cost of the samples will be refunded on payment of a full order over the value of £500. Please be aware that the small pieces of fabric which are used for the colour swatch sets are unlikely to be a full representation of the huge variety of tonal variations normally found in a larger piece of cloth. However, we endeavour to select pieces for the colour swatches which are as close to representing the colours as possible.
- “Can I see samples of the types of fabric used?” Samples of fabric types can be purchased through the online shop. As with the colour swatches the cost of the samples will be refunded on payment of a full order over the value of £500
- “Description of products” We will endeavour to describe the products as accurately as possible. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us for further information about the items concerned.
- “What if I need extra fabric for hats, accessories and matching shoes?” If you require extra lengths of fabric for accessorising then please request this at the time of placing the order. If you decide that you require extra fabric then we will endeavour to get as close a match as we can although we cannot guarantee this especially with the more unique art fabrics.
- “Managing your account” All customer account details are stored in a secure directory. It is your responsibility to ensure that all of your details are kept up to date. You can log in to your account at any time where you will be able to manage account settings, alerts, newsletter subscriptions, passwords, etc. If you require help with managing your account then please do not hesitate to get in touch
- “Adding Items to your Wish List” Each account holder has the option of choosing items to go into their wish list. This wish list can then be forwarded to friends and family in an email. The email will include various options which will enable the recipients to purchase items within that wish list.
- “Managing your Address Book” Your address book will enable you to store numerous addresses which you use for your credit card details, home address and delivery addresses.