Charles and Patricia Lester Customer Services
Guidelines on How to use the site
For the most part we are hoping that the basics are easy enough for people to find their way around – but we are always open to suggestions on how we can make your experiences of using this site better. If at any time you have any problems or you would prefer to talk to us direct then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at any time during our opening hours. Out of hours help is often available by email. We will do our best to answer any queries as quickly as possible. Please remember though that we are a small team so there will always be times when we answer more quickly than others.
Browsers – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc…
Browsers – Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.. The site is best viewed using Firefox, although we have tested the site using Internet Explorer and Safari as well. So far we have not experienced any problems ourselves, although one or two people have had issues with logging in. If you do have trouble accessing your account then please check to ensure that you are running the latest version of your browser and your security settings are not set too high. If the problems persist and/or you need help then please get in touch and we will endeavour to help where we can.
Cookies and Security
Cookies must be enabled to use this site. If you come to a page which tells you that your cookies are not enabled, then please follow the instructions. Any problems then please get in touch and we will endeavour to talk you through the process.We are fully committed to the security of our website and the protection of our customers.
This site has a registered secure certificate. If users of the site experience any problems with this certificate it is their responsibility to inform the website owners immediately.
Password Protected Directories
Personal details contained in the customer accounts are kept in password protected directories which are only accessed by the administrators of the site and other authorised personnel.
Making a purchase is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Shop by browsing through our collections.
- Click on the image to access the items products page, where you will be given information on sizing and colour options (if available).
- Add item(s) to your shopping cart on the Add to Cart option.
- Review the items you have added to your shopping cart by clicking “My Cart”.
- To change the number of items, type in the amended quantity required next to the item concerned.
- To delete an item from your shopping cart, enter a zero in the quantity box and click on “Update Cart”.
- To continue shopping after viewing your shopping cart, click the “Continue Shopping” button.
- Click on “Proceed to checkout” to finalise your transaction and follow the instructions.
For further information, you can give us a call and we will be happy to guide you through the ordering process.
If you require an item to be altered please ask for a quote for the alterations required. Confirmation of the alteration will be required prior to the order being accepted. Full payment will be required for all alterations prior to the Company accepting the order. Minor alterations such as shortening skirts can be done prior to delivering to you. Please be aware however, that if the items need to be altered we will not be able to despatch immediately. Please request an estimated delivery time when ordering. N.B. If any garments have been altered by persons other than ourselves then they will be deemed as second hand and will not be eligible for return, refund or exchange.
How to place an order
There are several ways in which you can order items:
- Direct through the online shop, following the guidance notes above;
- By telephone;
- By email – followed by a telephone call to make payment by credit card;
- By post – enclosing a cheque made payable to Charles and Patricia Lester Limited;
- In person at the Studios in Abergavenny
Cancellation of Orders and Refunds
If you wish to cancel your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)1873 853559. We will cancel your order provided it has not already been processed or despatched to you.Refunds are only issued by prior arrangement. If your order has already been despatched to you before you notify us that you wish to cancel the order, you must return the merchandise to us in accordance with our Returns & Exchanges Policy. Please note that we do offer a 100% money back guarantee on stock items returned to us within the specified time and in perfect condition.
We will refund you within 30 days, although generally we do endeavour to process refunds immediately.
We do not accept cancellations on any Special Order items or Bespoke pieces being made especially for you.
If you would like to re-order items you have purchased previously through the new online shop, then you will be able to follow the guidance notes provided in your account.
Availability of Goods
Items listed in the shop does not constitute a promise that these goods are available to purchase. If a ‘Stock Item’ is out of stock, we will contact you to confirm whether you would like to change the order to a ‘Special Order’ item. Please be aware that due to the unique nature of the garments, this may not always be possible. We will however, endeavour to offer similar alternatives if appropriate.
The online shopping facility will enable you to purchase gifts to be delivered to multiple addresses. You will also be able to select the option to include a gift message from yourself to the recipient.
Charles and Patricia Lester Ltd accept the following forms of payment:
- Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro Debit Card, American Express, Mastercard;
- Cheques drawn from a UK bank account payable in pounds sterling GBP. (Made payable to Charles and Patricia Lester);
- Cash – delivered in person only.
The transaction will be charged to your credit/debit card when we have received verification and payment authorisation from your card issuer. If your credit/debit card issuer refuses authorisation of payment, we will not be obliged to deliver the items to you. You will receive an invoice and a credit/debit card receipt with your order that can be used for returns or exchange of items. All payment information is encrypted to assure privacy, using SagePay Payment Gateway.
If you select to pay via Paypal, the transfer of the purchase details from our site to Paypal, are encapsulated using their encrypted technology and digitally-signed protocol. For more information about Paypal please visit their website https://www.paypal.com
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CREDIT CARD DETAILS VIA EMAIL OR FAX AS THESE METHODS ARE NOT SECURE.
SagePay – our chosen payment gateway
The Company Charles and Patricia Lester use Sagepay Payment services for payment processing. Sagepay understand that security is of huge concern for customers shopping online and they use top of the range security systems and techniques to ensure you are protected against online fraud. When you enter the checkout area of our site you will move to our secure server. You can instantly see that a page is being viewed in secure mode as the URL (address) will start with “https://” instead of the usual “http://”. The extra “s” stands for ‘secure’, this can also be validated as secure pages have a small yellow icon displayed in most browser windows. If you are not happy about disclosing your Credit Card or Personal Details over the Internet, feel free to telephone us on +44 (0) 1873 853559. Charles and Patricia Lester Limited expressly exclude liability for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide while using the site. When you place your order you will receive an acknowledgement email from us. This email is not an order confirmation or acceptance. When payments have been cleared the goods will be delivered as requested and transaction will be completed.
All prices on this website are shown in Pounds Sterling (GBP) and are inclusive of VAT. Prices and delivery charges may vary from time to time, despite our best efforts; some of the items listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. If this is the case, we will contact you prior to despatch. We are under no obligation to provide the item to you at the incorrect (whether higher or lower) price provided we have notified you before the item has been despatched. Due to circumstances beyond our control, prices may have to be changed, including VAT variations. If this occurs, you will be notified and asked to reconfirm your order at the amended price. If you are purchasing outside the UK, you will incur any sales taxes and/or customs duties by jurisdiction. The final price for overseas customers will be calculated in accordance with the exchange rate on the day your payment has been processed by your card issuer. Orders are subject to acceptance by the company and to availability of goods and will be invoiced at prices ruling at the time of acceptance.
Pricing on sale items and special offer discounts
Please note that not all special offers will be displayed to non account holders. To view the latest special offers, please log in to your account prior to browsing through the site.
Tax, Duties and Import Regulations Tax – UK
All goods sold on this site are subject to Value Added Tax at the current rate unless otherwise specified.
Duties and Import Regulations – Outside UK
The purchaser is responsible for the payment of any duties, levies or taxes payable in their own country. Charles and Patricia Lester nor Georgina Lester will accept any responsibility for any duties payable other than those due under British trading laws. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that the goods comply with any Import Regulations and Restrictions applicable.
Prices of individual items do not include delivery charges. Delivery will be charged in accordance with the delivery method displayed on our Website. We employ third-party courier services to deliver your items. Although we provide an indication of typical delivery times, specific delivery times or dates cannot be guaranteed. Claims for non-delivery must be made within 21 days for a 100% Money Back Guarantee. All address information must be accurate, including the postcode where appropriate, and the recipient’s telephone number. Charles and Patricia Lester Ltd cannot accept responsibility for late or non-delivery if recipient address and telephone details are insufficient or incorrect. Delivery will be made by Courier or Royal Mail to the address you have specified at the time the order was placed. You will be asked to sign for any goods delivered. At this point responsibility will be passed to you. We shall not be liable for any loss resulting from any lateness of delivery to you. There is no minimum order value. If an item is out of stock at the point of order, the customer will be advised as soon as possible and will have the option of awaiting stock availability or of selecting an alternative stock. Orders placed will be dispatched within 7 days unless it is a special order which will normally take between 6-8 weeks unless otherwise stated.
Delivery charges will apply to all orders. The delivery charge is calculated using the current rates as charged by the chosen couriers. The costs reflect the estimated weight of the total order.
Delivery in United Kingdom
Expected date of delivery is next working day from the date of despatch, but this is not guaranteed. Customers will be notified should there be any unforeseen delay – if known by the suppliers.
Delivery Outside UK
All items shipped outside the United Kingdom will not be charged UK VAT since international customers do not have to pay local UK VAT. However, non-UK customers may be required to pay local import tariffs.
All items are insured for delivery. The responsibility for which passes to the buyer upon delivery of the goods.
Signed for Insurance
Customers are expected to provide a delivery address at which there is someone present to accept the parcels on the expected delivery day as all deliveries will require a signature.
It is possible to ship items to more than one address. Please ensure that you submit full and correct details of all addresses.
Limitation as to Damage
The Company shall not in any way be responsible for any personal injury of damage to property howsoever caused. The Company will not be held responsible for the actions of the courier company when delivering items.
If you are unhappy with your goods and would like a refund or exchange, you must contact us within 14 working days of receiving your delivery. Items can be returned for a refund or exchange ONLY within 14 days of receipt. Please follow the relevant Returns Procedure set out below. Any stock item which is available for immediate despatch is eligible for our 100% money back guarantee. Please note that special orders and bespoke pieces cannot be returned for a refund or an exchange.
The product you return must be in new, unused and unworn condition with all the original packaging and garment tags still attached. New and unused means that there are no marks on the item or any wear on the tags and we will not accept any item with any indication that it has been used or worn. In such cases, the item will be returned to the purchaser without refund and shipping costs will be charged to the customer. Customers are requested to ensure that they are NOT wearing strong perfume when trying on the garments as it can quickly permeate through most fabrics. Before you send the item back to us, you must contact us by email or telephone. Exchanges are possible if the requested item is available. If you wish to exchange, please make this clear when contacting us. Faulty items will only be accepted if the goods are damaged at the time of receipt and the Company is properly notified of the fault. Charles & Patricia Lester Ltd do not take any responsibility for reimbursement and compensation in the event that any return packages are lost, stolen or mishandled. For further information you can contact us and we will be happy to talk you through the returns procedures.
For UK Customers
If you are located in the UK, we recommend shipping using your local registered postal service for insured parcel post to the Company address. Alternatively, you can return items using your preferred courier service. All the charges and paperwork will be your responsibility. Please retain the postage receipt to ensure that your package can be traced. All return shipping charges must be prepaid. You must ship the item(s) back to us in the original packaging. We will credit the credit/debit card used for your original transaction with the purchase value of the item(s) successfully returned in accordance with the terms set out above. Original shipping charges are non-refundable
For NON-UK Customers
All items returned from outside of the United Kingdom MUST be marked as “Goods being returned to original manufacturer” Packages which are not marked in this way will become liable for UK VAT duties. The customer will be liable for these charges. We recommend you return items using your local registered postal service for insured parcel post to the Company address. Alternatively, you can return items using your preferred courier service. All the charges and paperwork will be your responsibility. Please retain the postage receipt/airway bill to ensure that your package can be traced. All return shipping charges must be prepaid. We will credit the credit/debit card used for your original transaction with the purchase value of the item(s) successfully returned in accordance with the terms set out above. Original shipping charges are non-refundable.
Some sale items can be returned at the discretion of the Company. Return of sale items will follow the procedure outlined in our Returns & Exchanges Policy.
- “Who do I contact to arrange return of goods?” If you have any queries about returning an item or items, then please contact the office using the contact details provided below.
- “When are refunds processed?” Refunds are only issued upon return of the items purchased which have been inspected.
- “Can credit notes be issued?” Credit notes can be issued should customers wish to exchange items instead of being issued with a refund.
- “Can items be exchanged?” Customers can opt to exchange an item. Please get in touch for more details. When should items be returned? Goods must be returned within 10 days of delivery.
- “What if items arrive damaged or the parcel has been damaged in transit?” If the goods are damaged, the Purchaser should contact Charles and Patricia Lester Ltd within 3 days of receipt of goods. Damaged goods must be returned to Charles and Patricia Lester, The Workhouse, Hatherleigh Place, Union Road, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire. NP7 7RL suitably packaged. Charles and Patricia Lester Ltd will replace or refund the items concerned. All original packaging must be returned as it forms a part of the evidence required for insurance purposes. If goods are considered to be of faulty manufacture, please contact us immediately with the problem so that we can ascertain the cause of the potential fault and whether it is due to the manufacturing process. The Company reserves the right to decide whether any perceived faults are due to manufacturing error.
- “What if Products do not look like their Photographs or Web Images” We have made all reasonable efforts to ensure each photograph accurately reflects the item being sold. On occasions, there may be minor differences between the item’s appearance in the photograph and the item delivered due to all fabrics being hand dyed individually. Colours may vary slightly from the photograph due to differences between computer screen displays and printers.
- “What if the items I want are unavailable or out of stock?” If an item is out of stock at the point of order, the customer will be advised as soon as possible and will have the option of awaiting stock availability or of selecting an alternative item.
- “Colour matching garments” Please be aware that all fabrics are hand painted for each individual garment or outfit. If items are to be matched, originals can be returned to allow us to match the item as close as we can. It is advisable to order complete outfits at the same time. We cannot guarantee that items bought to go with previous purchases will match or even compliment. If you have any doubts about items matching please get in touch.
- “About our Colour names” Items with the same colour name on the website might not necessarily be the exact same tone. This is due to the complicated processes involved in creating the individual garments.
- “Can I order colour swatches of the garments available?” Swatches can be purchased to ensure that colours ordered are exactly as required. We will always keep a sample of the same colour swatch on file to ensure that we replicate colours actually seen. However, it must be noted that in some instances there will still be slight variations due to the individual nature of our work. The cost of the samples will be refunded on payment of a full order over the value of £500. Please be aware that the small pieces of fabric which are used for the colour swatch sets are unlikely to be a full representation of the huge variety of tonal variations normally found in a larger piece of cloth. However, we endeavour to select pieces for the colour swatches which are as close to representing the colours as possible.
- “Can I see samples of the types of fabric used?” Samples of fabric types can be purchased through the online shop. As with the colour swatches the cost of the samples will be refunded on payment of a full order over the value of £500
- “Description of products” We will endeavour to describe the products as accurately as possible. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us for further information about the items concerned.
- “What if I need extra fabric for hats, accessories and matching shoes?” If you require extra lengths of fabric for accessorising then please request this at the time of placing the order. If you decide that you require extra fabric then we will endeavour to get as close a match as we can although we cannot guarantee this especially with the more unique art fabrics.
- “Managing your account” All customer account details are stored in a secure directory. It is your responsibility to ensure that all of your details are kept up to date. You can log in to your account at any time where you will be able to manage account settings, alerts, newsletter subscriptions, passwords, etc. If you require help with managing your account then please do not hesitate to get in touch
- “Adding Items to your Wish List” Each account holder has the option of choosing items to go into their wish list. This wish list can then be forwarded to friends and family in an email. The email will include various options which will enable the recipients to purchase items within that wish list.
- “Managing your Address Book” Your address book will enable you to store numerous addresses which you use for your credit card details, home address and delivery addresses.